Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

DIY Door Wreath

Since Craig has been so DIY lately with his furniture building, he inspired me to do a DIY project. When I was a kid, I loved going to Michael's to find some new craft project to try. I attempted cross-stitching, crocheting, water color painting and a bunch of other random crafts. To be completely honest, I never completed any of the projects that I started, but I loved the idea of it. As I got older, I lost interest in crafting due to other competing interests, but now it's starting to make a comeback.

For my first reintroduction into crafting I decided to try my hand at a door wreath. I found an easy DIY wreath on this blog: Front Porch Sittin' with the Fentons. Here's the Link.

I used the blog post as a base and put my own spin on the wreath. Here's how it turned out:


Materials:
1 grape vine wreath
Silk flowers
Wooden letter
White craft paint
1 sponge brush
Small hot glue gun

Michael's has a large assortment of silk flowers. I picked out a branch of tropical yellow flowers and a branch of white berries. I was really happy with how the combination turned out! 
Gluing the wooden letter was a little tricky since the wreath isn't flat. I used a few layers of hot glue before I got it to stick. I also glued each flower/berry in place to the wreath to ensure that it didn't blow away...it gets really windy here in CO.To attach the flowers/berries I cut them at the individual stems, put hot glue on the stem and then put it in the wreath.


Welcome to our home!


1 comment:

  1. Love it! Can't wait to try making one myself.

    ReplyDelete