Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Crock-Pot Teriyaki Pulled Pork

I really enjoy reading food blogs and looking for new recipes to try and I especially like finding easy Crock-Pot recipes. While perusing my usual bookmarked food blogs the other week, I came across this great recipe for pulled pork sandwiches on the Six Sister's Stuff blog. If you've never visited their website, I highly recommend it because they always have great recipes and DIY ideas.
Friday morning I decided to give the recipe a try and here's how it turned out:

The Ingredients:
2-3 lbs pork shoulder butt roast
1 medium onion, diced
1 bottle teriyaki sauce
1 (20 oz) can pineapple slices, undrained
Buns


The recipe originally called for 2-3 lbs pork shoulder butt roast, but I'm not sure that's a real thing because we couldn't find it at the grocery store. Instead we used 2 lbs of pork shoulder and it worked out fine. First, I sprayed the inside of the Crock-Pot with non-stick spray (PAM) and placed the pork shoulder along the bottom. Next, I drained the pineapple juice into the Crock-Pot, added half the bottle of teriyaki glaze and scattered the chopped onions on top.

The recipe highly recommends using Kikkomen Teriyaki Baste/Glaze and I definitely agree with them. The flavor and consistency is perfect. I set the Crock-Pot on Low and let it cook for nine hours. Since we live in  high elevation (14,000 ft above sea level), I've learned that it takes longer for things to cook up here. 
After nine hours I pulled the meat out and shredded with two forks.


I put the shredded meat in a separate bowl and poured some of the left over sauce and mixed it together to moisten the meat, but you don't need a lot. Then I arranged the pineapple rings on a plate, so they would be ready to grab once everything was done.




Since you only use half the bottle of Teriyaki glaze to cook the pork, use the other half of the bottle on your sandwich for extra flavor.


The sandwich was delicious!

Craig and I definitely plan on making them again. They were super easy to make and great for the summer! The next day I used the pulled pork in an omelet with mozzarella cheese and it was delicious!

Click on link for recipe:
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pulled Pork
Once you click on the link you'll need to scroll down to find the recipe


No comments:

Post a Comment