Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Best Snickerdoodles

 *Sorry I haven't posted anything in ages! Craig and I just got back to Colorado after spending a week back east visiting family and friends. I was actually out there for two weeks since I had back to back clients. It was wonderful to see everyone, but now we are exhausted! We're looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend at home! I started writing this post before I left for my work trips, but never finished it...so here it is:

A few weeks ago while I was working from home, I had a huge craving for cookies. I really wanted something homemade, but I knew I didn't have any chocolate chips....so what kind of cookie could I bake with the ingredients in my kitchen. The winner was Snickerdoodles!

I did some Googling and came across a recipe that was seemed easy. Since moving to Colorado Springs, I've been apprehensive about baking because the altitude messes with it, but I came across a newspaper article that had all the adjustments for certain ingredients. Making the appropriate adjustments worked wonders! The cookies came out soft and tasted really good!

Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies
Click on link for recipe

Ingredients

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons cinammon

Cinnamon and sugar

Fresh out of the oven....need to remember to roll the dough a little better for a more even distribution of cinnamon/sugar :)

Cooling....can't wait to eat them!

Laney relaxing while the cookies are baking
The cookies were so good! I brought some to a picnic we had with friends and they were a big hit! I'm glad they were easy to make because I definitely plan on making them again.




No comments:

Post a Comment