Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Megan's Visit

Last weekend we had our first visitor stay in our newly furnished guest room....the luck person was my best friend, Megan! Craig and I were so excited to finally have someone use the guest room!

Megan at the top of Pikes Peak enjoying a high elevation doughnut
Megan and I have been best friends since the summer of 1995. At the time my family lived in San Diego, California and Megan's family moved into the house across the street. It's hard to believe we only lived in the same town for two years, but we were inseparable! Friends of Megan's parents used to think I was there adopted daughter.
I moved out of the neighborhood first, but over the next 15 years we managed to stay in touch over letters, phone calls, visits, instant messaging and emails! Megan currently lives in Dallas, TX, but recently spent the last 7 months traveling around Asia, the South Pacific and Australia! I missed her a ton while she was away, but thanks to technology we were able to talk almost everyday through Google Chat. I'm so glad we've been able to maintain our friendship over the years.
We had a great time playing tourist all over Colorado Springs! We visited the Olympic Training Center, Pikes Peak, Manitou Springs, the Cliff Dwellings, Garden of the Gods and downtown Colorado Springs. It was so nice to spend quality time with each other and catch up.

Olympic Training Center

Having fun with the statues

On our way to Pikes Peak

Reading facts

Love those doughnuts!

I look way too excited

View from the top




Manitou Cliff Dwellings...apparently they were very short people because all the doors and ceilings were very low...I would've fit right in!


Cliff dwellings


Taking a picture of Megan taking a picture at Garden of the Gods
Her four day visit was way too short and I can't wait to see her again! I truly cherish our friendship and feel blessed that we've been able to stay so close. Hopefully we'll be able to visit her in Texas soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment