Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

We Remember 9/11


It's hard to believe that the horrific tragedy now known as 9/11 was eleven years ago. I still remember exactly where I was when it happened. I was a senior in high school and I was walking into Mr. Markovitch's Pop Culture class. On a normal day, we would've watched a movie that had some kind of pop culture significance in the 1960s, but on that day we watched the twin towers of the World Trade Center fall to the ground. I literally watched the second plane crash into the second tower and could not believe my eyes.
Craig was a sophomore in high school and in a Sports Media class (I swear we're both fairly intelligent people that took actual classes in HS too). He saw the second plane hit the second tower live on TV as well.

We remember the innocent lives lost during that day and the families that continue to be affected by the aftermath. We remember the soldiers that have lost their lives fighting and the soldiers that continue to fight and serve today.


No comments:

Post a Comment