Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Family Reunion for Nay's 90th Birthday- Part 1

Over the July 4th holiday weekend Craig and I flew out to Seattle, WA for my grandmother's 90th birthday! It turned into a mini family reunion for my mom's side of the family. Family members flew in from Pennsylvania and California for the special occasion. The only one that was missing out of the four siblings was my mom's older brother (his family is coming out in August for a wedding). It was so much fun hanging out with my whole family! Everyone made sure to arrive before the big party on Saturday, so by Friday night everyone had arrived. All in all we had 18 total. If my uncle's family was there, we would've had 28!

Growing up, we all lived in different cities: Seattle, San Francisco and San Diego. But we all started out in Spokane, WA, which is the city my grandparents chose to live in when they moved from the Philippines. Even though we all lived in different cities, our parents made sure we spent quality time together. I have so many great memories of visiting my cousins and cousins visiting us during the summers. We have the incriminating home videos to prove how much fun we had. As we've gotten older our relationships have grown and we're all still really close. I know we'd all like to see each other more often, but we definitely make the most out of the time we do get to spend together.

While we were in Washington we stayed up late every night talking, laughing and sharing so many great memories (I don't think we went to bed before 2am all weekend). And if there's one thing we all love to do, it's eating!!! It was a constant stream of food everyday.

Overall we had an amazing time and I'm so glad Craig got to spend time with my family. I feel so blessed to have healthy grandparents that have lived on this earth for 90+ years and an awesome extended family that I love so much!

Cupcake Royale: One of the first cupcake bakeries in the Seattle area

We tried one of each!
Best burger in Bellevue according to the 520 Bar and Grill...it was pretty good
Red Hook Brewery Tour....can't beat a $1 brew tour where you get to try 5-6 different beers and stay in the same room
The girls! There are only three of us and the rest of the grandchildren are boys (7 boys, 3 girls)...we gotta stick together!
Cousins: From L-R: Shella, Patrick & Paul (brothers), and Camille (Shella's sister)...please excuse the blurriness
Craig and I at the brewery
My Google+ is not cooperating right now and won't upload all my pictures. A part 2 post will be coming soon when things are up and running! More to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment